The farm of 150 acres has been worked by the Marks family for at least 400 years.
Sadly, the original farmhouse was left to molder 100 years or more ago and simply used for animal shelter. This was common in the past when repair was often considered too expensive. The old house finally collapsed in the 1970's.
The present farmhouse, which stands on a small hill overlooking Widemouth Bay and the splendid views of the sea and coastline, was built in 1939.
A substantial 4/5 bedroom house, part of Penhalt Farmhouse is offered for Self-Catering Summer Holidays.
Today we farm about 200 ewes which lamb during March.
Harvesting of hay and silage takes place in late June or early July depending on the weather.